Summer us here and first thing that we get out are sandals. But if you have been following the trends or even looking around your shoe stores you will notice the latest trend is laced up. Most popular being gladiators, but now the latest trend even in Jimmy Choo has been laced up pumps which mostly have cut work edges.
Gladitor boots and all stars also marked their entry this year. If you are still thinking about Russell Crowe everytime I mention Gladiators then let me remind you that they are actually flat sandals with criss cross straps going all the way up to your knee mostly in forms of laces ( the latest trend) and are tied up at the knee. The trend has not ended with only the knee high ones this year. So let’s take a look at all the choices available and what suits you best.
1. Knee high strappies : mostly thick straps with metal studs are the original gladiators. They have zips or buckles at the back. The new version has thinner straps and has a lace tie up front and zip at the back. Original colours have always been black and brown but metallics like gold, copper and silver are also coming into play. They have flat heels and look best with skirts, dresses or even shorts. Can be more summer pretty or sporty meets chic as well depending on how you style them. The focus is completely on your calves and lack of heel gives it less structure.
2. Mid calf : these are between your knees and ankles. Mostly thick straps with metallic studs , they come in flat and wedges. Great summer option as easier to wear when short on time. Most popular in tan, nude and orange. Great with dresses, culottes and even capris. Focus is more on the feet, straps are more fanned out.
3. Ankle high: reach just above your ankles and more like peeptoes and have zippers at the back. Come in block and wedge heel options, been the most famous summer sandals for the last 2 years. Go well with everything and have more colours to choose from. Popular even in stilettos for more evening look with metallic and shimmer accents. Focus is completely on your foot.
So show off the adorable pedicure with bright summer colours. Pair them with the latest capri pants with kurtas or your saree and see the edginess.
4. All star gladiators : these are your basic converse shoes but which lace up knee high and are a treat alternative to boots as better for the warmer months.
Give a nice sporty edge especially with leggings and shorts. The give a more structured look to the calves as laced up as per your comfort.
5. Peeptoes : mostly in suede with block heels. A more dressier version and a less constricting version of the boots. Mostly slide ons and ankle high or a little higher.
Summer is coming on and this one of the latest trends in footwear. So as they say put your best foot forward and let the games begin (warrior style).