Jackets, blazers, shrugs, coats, etc are just more than a covering. They have become an important part of the outfit, defining the style based on the one worn.
We use jackets for formalizing an outfit, covering up or sometimes we feel it is required to turn up the style quotient. You might be thinking that there are no rules for something as frivolous as a jacket, but you are wrong. The style of the jacket, is what sets the tone of your outfit. So here are a few pointers :
1. Jackets : this particular style is a basic jacket. It is front open, with buttons and is long sleeved. It has 2 breast pockets and is most popular in denim, codrouy and cotton. They are good during chilly weather, I personally think they look best when paired with a nice summer dress as they look summer chic. Very popular during travel as they provide just the right amount of warmth during cold flights and are light to carry around.
2. Blazers : these are popularized by men and also some school uniforms. Their formality is based on the fabric. They are longer than jackets, and have deep v collared necks and have 2 buttons, with one breast pocket and some can be double breasted as well. Mostly made of synthetic materials, but denim, corduroy, linen and wollen blazers like twill, jersey, etc are also available. They are good options one doesn’t want to wear business suits. Coloured blazers are the best to brighten up a monochromatic sheath dress at work. Pair jeans with a shell and blazer with folded sleeves to glamourize an evening look.
3. Suit jackets : as the name suggests these are a part of formal business suits. They come in different styles, with collars, sleeve and jacket length varies. They also have different shapes and necklines and are also becoming popular work wear and paired with different bottoms. They can up the style quotient of office wear or also for a business do.
4. Shrugs : they are short with no buttons and are front open. They are normally used as cover ups with sleeveless or strapless outfits. Popular in cotton, lace, synthetic, wool and jersey fabrics. Come with short to full length sleeves. They have the opposite effect of a blazer as they make an outfit more casual. Team them with a strapless dress, jumper or halter and you will be appropriate for commuting. They also add a little bit of sexiness as it just about covers your shoulder and back, especially the lace ones.
5. Cardigans : they are front open sweaters with short to full length sleeves. Normally worn with shells underneath, but now are being worn as a top as well.
6. Hoodies: started as casual winter wear made of fleece but now the variations are immense. They are zippered jackets with a hood and come in sleeveless to full sleeves. Popular in jersey and fleece, and mostly used as work out gear. They add sportiness with a touch of casual, paired with shorts or denims during the onset of winter months. Now becoming a popular alternative to denim jackets for summer dresses as well.
7. Leather jackets : biker babes and rockstars have epitomized leather jackets for decades. But now faux leather is becoming popular and also more eco friendly. These are front zippered jackets with full sleeves, some may have pockets. They are lined inside with fleece or synthetic fabrics to keep one warm.Gone are the days when bulky leather jackets with zippers and chains was in vogue, now you have fancy options with even peplumed jackets available. My personal favourite are the ones in tan or even pastel pink, as they look classy and chic paired with denims or pencil skirts.
8. Wraps: they are stoles or shawls wrapped around formal evening wear to save you from the chilly air. Great for summer evenings and add a little bit of feminity to any outfit.
9. Coats : mostly winter wear and made of warm materials like wool, leather and other wool blends. Always lined for warmth, but patterns and styles are glaming up this winter necessity.
10. Sleeveless jackets : these are more for style than actual covering up. Waistcoats, denim jackets, shrugs, hoodies and cardigans are all its variations. They are good for summer, or even if you are shy of wearing strapless or thin straps. They are boho chic or now even trendy. Denim options paired with maxi skirts and tanks, waistcoats paired with capri length cigarette pants are some of the few options.
Thus, whether you love jackets to keeping yourself warm or just for being covered or add them for style you cannot avoid them. Gone are the days when they were worn as per weather, but now worn as per outfit. So go ahead and amp up your wardrobe and add a few jacket styles to glam up for all occasions.
Posted from WordPress for Android