We have been talking designer labels in the last 2 blogs, but lets not forget the major designers of the Indian subcontinent and what they are known for.
If you opt to invest in Indian designer wear ensure that they are pieces of timelessness as these pieces might start at 15000 INR but can go up to lakhs. The craftsmanship, uniqueness,fabric are what you pay attention too and what will make your outfit standout.
So here’s a sneak peak into the world of ateliers of the Indian subcontinent :
1. Tarun Tahiliani : launched his designs in 1990, and was the owner of the first multi designer store Ensemble. Known for his drapes whether lehengas or saree. His formal outfits in nude palettes with the shimmer are the best investments you will make.
2. Abu- Sandeep : the world of thread embroidery whether chikankari or Kashmiri is incomplete without their name. They might be dressing the who’s who of bollywood and royalty, but if you love embroidery then owning their outfit should be your priority.
3. Wendell Rodricks: saree gowns are his inventions and have forever changed the notion of traditional saree. The sexiness says at all, and the no fuss lycra ready to wear with a bodice attached makes it the perfect info fusion wear for any party. He is also the brains behind resort week and the reason maxi dresses in India are in fashion.
4. House of Vallaya: J.J Vallaya has been one of the trend setters in the Indian fashion fraternity. He is the brand ambassador of Swarovski and started the use of those crystals with intricate embroidery in outfits. Known for bold colours, so for a swarovski encrusted saree or Anarkali jackets there could be no better investment.
5. Ritu Kumar: one of the oldest and biggest name in the fashion industry and popular under the brand Label. Best known for indo western designs, if you are looking for a kurti she is going to be your favourite.
6. Manish Malhotra : bollywoods most celebrated designer, bright colour palettes teamed with sequins and lets not forget chiffon and net sarees. He made lime green and neon pink hot, embroidered jeans a trend. So if you are looking for a floor length sequined anarkali we know which designer you are heading for.
7. Sabyasachi Mukherjee : made bridal couture page 3 with his Band Baja Bride. But the if one is looking for authentic Indian weaves, traditional prints with patchwork embroidery he is going to be your favourite. The lehenga saree is his gift to wedding couture, so he is your destination for lehenga sarees in traditional weaves with a touch of elegance.
8. Raghavendra Rathore : the first name in luxury men’s wear. Coming from a royal heritage he made bandhgalas a style statement. So if you are shopping for bandhgalas and sherwanis with elegance he will be your best investment.
9. Rohit Bal : one of the most famous names in men and women’s fashion and the trendsetter of Khadi being fashionable. If you are looking for khadi or muslin designs in white and black with embossed designs he will give you the best options.
10. Anita Dongre : she might not be the most priciest but definitely is the most wearable. Her muslin kalidar anarkalis with block prints and gottapatti have been a rage. So if you are looking for trendy work wear or ethnic chic outfits or even designer lehengas with prints and gottapatti she should be your first stop.
These are some of the most important and influential designers of the Indian fashion fraternity. They not only deal in clothes but have branched into other segments as well.
Signature creations are timeless and can be heirloom pieces of kept delicately and can last you years. Fashion is an investment, but its an investment in you. So go on find your favourite piece to flaunt and the next do.
Posted from WordPress for Android