Ever wonder how people know all those brands and designers? Are they only a part of the society lady conversations or have they even seeped into our everyday life? I for one am into designer labels at times but am also of the opinion that if you invest something then it should be for what its actually known for, for e.g. jimmy choo is a shoe brand so why would I want a perfume that smells like that!
There is a difference between brands and fashion labels just like prêt and coture. Labels are not just about who’s wearing what but now even who’s wearing it? We have started following brand marketing instead of actually paying attention to the importance of the label and it’s product. So today’s blog just doesn’t give you a label-o-graphy but what actually you should invest in, just like Carrie Bradshaw said : “I like my money right where I can see it…hanging in my closet “. So here goes:
1. Louis Vuittion : one of the oldest fashion houses and no fashion journal is complete without it. Louis Vuittions best product is still its trunk in darmier (light brown and dark brown squares) and speedy bag contrary to its fashionable baguettes and totes.
2. Hermés : most women know of the iconic Kelly bag which is actually a product of hermès. Scarves have been it’s signature product.
3. Burberry: known for its trademark ‘Haymarket check’ patterns, it is the founder of the garbadine jacket which is the trench coat. It is for all weather’s and till date their iconic offering.
4. Manolo Blahniks : made famous by ‘Sex and the City’ is still one of the best shoe brands of the world. They gave us the iconic stiletto pumps. Bella swan sported the ‘Swan Pump’ in Breaking Dawn for her wedding.
5. Tiffany’s & Co.: diamonds are a girls best friend and Tiffany’s her favourite retailer. So if there are diamonds to be bought then tiffany’s is where you go.
6. Prada: one of the best designer of leather goods who has now branched into other categories of retailing. Pradas best known for the classic Prada handbag which was also one of it’s first product.
7. Dior: we see Dior perfumes, cosmetics but did you know its first product was an outfit called the ‘bar suit’ and then they forayed into perfumes with Miss Dior. Now it has one of the most iconic bags the Lady Dior to it’s collection of must haves.
8. Gucci: the first product and the most iconic is the Bamboo Bag and after it’s success the company branched out into footwear, accessories, perfumes, etc.
9. Armani: coined the term ‘power suits’ with their designs of men’s suits still their best selling product. Armani is one of the premier men’s brands in clothing , accessories and perfumes.
10. Chanel: talk of high fashion is incomplete without Coco Chanel. She invented the Little Black Dress which is a women wardrobe essential, and then the perfume Chanel No. 5. But it also gave the bag world one of its best icons in the 2.55 chanel purse.
Thus, these designers are famous and sometimes it can be confusing as to which luxury product is the best and what is it’s iconic offerings. So now you know what to invest in if you do have a luxury brand wishlist.
Watch this space for the next few articles on the designers of India and international fame and what is the beat product. So next time at social do you can join in on the name dropping and enlighten them on the actual best buy.
Posted from WordPress for Android