Shopping always gives me perspective and makes me wonder how some women always get it right and for others it’s a hit or miss. It’s not that they all have perfect bodies but only that they know how to dress right. Today, I want to blog about how clothes are just a tool to enhance the beautiful you. We all strive for the perfect body but what about first embracing the one we have and loving the way we look.
Am all for healthy and fit bodies but what about the days you feel bloated or the extra kilos you put on after the wedding season? Or what about all the access weight loss during ramzan? You can’t always be customizing, so here are a few tricks on how to always dress well and putting your best self forward:
1. Necklines : The main focus of necklines is not just your bustline, but actually your neck and shoulders are impacted more. V-necks and cowl necks actually are great for elongating the neck and are also great for minimizing your bust. Boat necks and wide square necks actually structure your shoulders more and can create slender shoulders. Wide scoops, round and princess cuts actually create more curves for a very skinny frame. Princess cuts and layered necks with frills also help in enhancing the bust line, as though empire cuts. Printed tops are good for adding more curves to the top.
2. Muffin tops : Everyone tends to have a little bit of tummy flab, irrespective of their frame and body type. So how can we create a smaller middle as that is one body part most women are conscious of. An hourglass shape is the most flattering and needs a defined waistline. Peplum tops and belts help the most but it is not necessary that they hit you right at the waist (smallest part of your torso). I find that belts placed at the navel have a slimmer effect and peplums which begin just there are more flattering. Peasant tops and and handkerchief hemlines are flowy and can be camouflaging but ensure you have a fitted bottom to create proportion. Opt for mid rise bottoms as they help flatten your tummy. Baby doll dresses and dresses which have divisions work best as they take attention away from your waist, but add more structure. A line kurtas and straight cuts work best as they are structured, empire cut necklines in tops, anarkalis and dresses should be avoided. Dresses or tops which have darker side edges create a slimmer torso. Printed bottoms help take away the focus©
3. Arms : Covering is not always the best option for everything cause it is like running away from a problem and not facing it. Full sleeves, net sleeves, georgette sleeves , etc, just add more curves and make them look curvier. Best options for curvy arms are 3/4 or sleeves just above your elbows in opaque fabrics as they add more structure and give your arms better proportion. Solid colours, prints or embroidery on the edges or work best. Full sleeves, puff sleeves, cap sleeves, sleeves till the elbow add more curves and are great options for super skinny arms. Ensure that the sleeves are about an inch looser, prints and embroidery are good options for a more curvy arm.
4. Bootyliscious : If we have a curvy derriere we are unhappy and if we don’t we are unhappy. Pencil skirts and low waisted pants create curves. High waisted bottoms can act as a minimizer. Flared skirts with box pleats create curves, knife thin pleats are better for more complimentary to curves. A-line kurtas give you a wider back frame. If you are curvy, opt for side slits starting below your hips for more structure. Anarkalis add fabric and also hide but then again that depends on fabric and cut. Mermaid skirts add curves, gypsy and peasant skirts flowy over all don’t, but ones which are more fitted at the waist and hips do and can be very flattering. Patiala salwars, harem pants, dhoti pants and ghararas add the most amount of curves, so one can opt for semi patialas, churidars, wrap dhoti salwars and rampuri ghararas as they give more structure.
5. Gump-tion : Legs and arms have the tendency to be the most toned parts of our body as they give the quickest results from work outs. If you want to enhance your thighs opt for jeans with a lighter wash on the thighs in skinny and bootcuts. To make your thighs appear more proportionate opt for top to bottom dark wash denims or printed denims but in straight and skinny options. Bottoms which are snug at the hips, put focus on your thighs as well. Palazzos hide your legs, just like maxi skirts ad dresses. Churidars and leggings focus more on shins, should be worn with tops at least 4 inches below your hips for a shapely figure, this way you can add curves or structure and have an hourglass shape. Flowy tops add curves, straight add structure. Capris and tea lengths add more length to your legs. Skirts or dresses till your knee actually give you a more defined figure, shorter options are great for petite frames to add more length. Floor length anarkalis, straight long kurtas camouflage but high low anarkalis add more shape. Boots especially knee high and ankle length give you more structured shins and ankles. Leather adds structure, crinkled and fleece add curves. Knee high boots also elongate your legs and look really good with knee length skirts and skinny jeans. Somehow mini skirts and shorts with knee high boots look confused but with ankle length create the right definition and length.
Scarves and Jackets can be covering, but you want them to add structure and style and not just hide behind them. Scarfed can show you how to wear them as the right accessory to enhance your figure, jackets add structure but can be boxy if they don’t have the right shape. The overall cu and structure of your entire outfit is what matters the most.
E.g. (a)Thin tall frame:- Opt for a flared gypsy skirt, with a cap sleeved tank in print and maybe a scarf in complementing colour to the skirt.
-Patiala salwar with a straight short kurta with elbow length sleeves.
(b) Petite curvy frame:- Opt for tea length skirt in knife prints and a straight blouse with a shrug .
-Till the ankle cigarette pants with an A-line kurta with 3/4 length sleeves.
(c) Athletic framed with a muffin top:- Opt for A line maxi skirt and a peasant top with a belt right at the navel.
-Palazzo pants with a straight long kurta .
These are just some techniques on summer skirt looks on how you can work your figure and put your best stylish self forward and make it look easy breezy. So go ahead pull out the tricks and become eye candy.