My area of expertise is in women fashion but on the behest of some women let me write about fashion tips for men. Today’s blog will focus on basic outfit appropriateness and how to stay updated with latest trends. So here goes
1.Jeans have a fit: like women jeans there are different styles and fits for men as well. And like women you have to choose the right fit, gone are the days of baggy jeans and dad jeans being cool. You can read more on jeans etiquettes and shop for skinny leg, cuffed, boot cut, straight cut, distressed and move out from the comfort of relaxed and tapered leg.
2. Checkered out : I know by default most men including my husband gravitate towards check shirts. Yes, they are nice and look good but there are other options like stripes, solids, dots. Yes floral and paisley are also trending but word of caution : hawain shirts (big floral prints) only look good on the beach and that is also a dying trend. The most important aspect the shirts is for occassion as there is a different between casual shirts, work shirts and formal shirts which you can discover in types of shirts. 2 front pockets are casual , one shirt pocket is formal, shiny fabrics are party wear and not formal, short sleeves are casual I know the counter argument could be Aamir Khan in ‘Ghajini’ but you cant show up
to work in that now can you?
3. Short-comings : shorts and bermudas are great options to beat the heat. But remember boxers are not shorts and the length does matter. Home shorts and casual shorts are different and so are gym shorts. Work out clothes are not casual wear. Please read short style for more information.
4. Sneakers v/s casual shoes : there are different types men casual and formal shoes. Sneakers are mainly of 2 types street and workout and they don’t always go with shorts and jeans. There are loafers which are casual shoes and floaters are casual sandals. You might not want a shoe closet but there
are essentials you can find in the shoe rack.
5. Jacket up : do not confuse formal wear jackets with work wear. The main difference is fabric, shiny is partywear and structured is work wear. Suit jackets are work wear, sports coats are evening or casual wear. You choose jackets based on occassions. Courdroy and linen blazers are smart casuals and are classy options for day outings.
6. Right fit : trousers should have the right fit whether pleated, flat ironed or straight fit and shirts always have to be tucked in. Pants are also formal and casual , formal pants have to be worn with formal shoes. Cargos are casual wear
and so are rolled pants.
7. Tees : the most basic of all casual wear which now has so many varieties and the one in which most of the mistakes are made. Categorized based on necklines such as polo,round neck, v neck, crew neck and collared. Super tight t-shirts are actually work out gear.T-shirts should have a relaxed but nice fit. Polos work with all pants and give a nice casual look. Stripes, solids and graphic tees are the basic styles but now thats changing with designs coming in as well.
Thus, men’s fashion is as vast as women’s fashion its just that the interest level may not be as high. There are so many dos and donts which change with time, bug the time has come to focus on cut, style and fit as that is what makes you stand out.
Cuffed pants (especially jeans)are very summer casual and do not always look appropriate. Tight tees does make one look like that they might burst. Undershirts and blazers can never be a hot look and neither can short shorts.
Colours and patterns change as per seasons and years. There are colours other than blue,white,black,grey,green and red. Pink is still trendy and so is yellow. Tees do not go with trousers and even collared ones don’t. Loafers and street sneakers are more durable casual shoes than running sneakers. Suit means jacket and pant of the same fabric for a suitable business attire. Shirts can look shabby if they don’t have the right fit even if they are tucked in. Layering is still a trend. Snug undershirts are not actually t-shirts to be worn out. Embroidery and embellishment still looks better on women’s clothes.
Thus, these are a few tips you should keep in mind on your shopping spree and be more adventurous in terms of colours, styles and pattern. And if you need style advice please feel free to leave a comment or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
Posted from WordPress for Android