I have written on the different makeups and also steps and how to get the perfect make up – Basic Foundations. Though make up is essential to look good on dressy days but on a regular basis it can be too heavy for your skin. We see advertisements for skincare products which say they are natural and beautifying us more but actually are more confusing.
Am sure most women have a beauty routine and are also use lighter make up for everyday outings. So the question is what is this lighter make up? The change is the base that is what should use instead of foundation. So what is
Better the bb, cc, dd, tinted moisturizer, primer, etc. Lets take a closer look at each to figure out which one works best :
1. Moisturizer : the source of your daily dose of facial hydration. It is the basic facial cream one applies. Now you get them with spf or sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful uv rays. Thus, the basic function is to add moisture and keep your skin from drying and flaking. It is a must for all skin types but doesn’t act as supplement to foundation.
2. Tinted moisturizers : it is a face cream that has a slight tint to it, providing some basic skin coverage with sheer colour. It makes skin soft and gives a blemish free appearance. It is an easy, no-fuss application, just squeeze some and apply to the entire face, in the same way as you would apply a lotion or your usual moisturizers . Oily skins should avoid it. It does the work of a moisturizer but in a better fashion in terms of cover-up.
3. BB Creams : Beauty or Blemish Balm creams are basically tinted moisturizers with skin care ingredients and built in SPF. They come in shades like fair, medium and deep. They are useful for daily use and provide good coverage but in a lighter formula. There is no exact shade for each skin type. The oil free bb is making it a good choice for oily skins as well.
4. CC Creams : Complexion or colour correction creams are mostly used to hide facial skin flaws like dark spots and uneven skintone. They have light diffusing particles to treat redness or sallowness of the face giving a clear and even appearance . These creams are lighter foundations and good for a better balanced appearance. These are an upgraded version of bbs.
5. DD creams : daily defense or dynamic do all or dermatologically defining creams are an all in one formula which is a mix of bb and cc creams but also has anti aging benefits.While BB creams add primer, antioxidant protection, and SPF to standard tinted moisturizers and CC creams added color-correcting ingredients into the mix, DD creams offer all those benefits plus e antiaging to help smoothen skin and reduce fine lines. DD creams target all the problems of facial skin and eliminate them. Best for women over the age of 30. They are only by specific brands in the market.
5. Primers : they are facial correctors that smoothen, conceal and create an even base for make up. Whether you want to blur wrinkles, mattify, minimise the appearance of pores or even skin tone, primers do all this whilst creating a velvety base for make-up and helping it to stay put longer. Primers are more opaque and are different for different skin types. They cannot be substituted for moisturizers as they are not hydrating.
These are all different options and anyone of them can work for you. You need to try and see which suits your skin best. Don’t think that you can substitute them for foundation for always as each has its own merits. BB, CC, DD are more opaque and heavier than tinted moisturizers but are hydarting and great daily coverups for daily wear. Primers work only before putting on foundation and cannot be supplemented as a tinted moisturizer. The market has all of these in abundance, so just like always try and experiment which is your go to hydrator for daily wear.
Posted from WordPress for Android