Since we have been talking about maxis then what better to pair them with sandals. Sandals the perfect summer footwear whether in flats, wedges or heels. Easy to slip into, airy for the feet and perfect to show off your pretty summer pedicures.
The correct definition of a sandal is slipons with back strap support. They are more open shoes with front and back support. We will be also looking at slippers and then categorize them. You must be wondering how can I write an entire blog about sandals after already writing one on high on heels! and one on the fit of shoes A Cinderella Story . But sandals are categorized by their strap styles:
1. Flip flops : are rubber slippers with a strap dividing your big toe from others. Initially basic but now becoming fashionable in terms of FitFlops by leading sporting labels. Great for the beach and summer outfits.
2. Thongs : similar to flip flops but are made of leather and other footwear materials. They are slip ins and very easy to wear come in different heel styles. Look great with fitted pants.
3. Slides : they are one or two strap sandals which you just slip your foot in. Made of leather and cloth materials. They can have rhinestones for formal wear. They come in all heel styles and can be worn casually and formally. Look best with straight and fitted bottoms and even formal dresses.
4. Kolhapuri chappals : these are specific to India and are traditionally made in Maharashtra. They have a special cut for the big toe and similarly divide the feet like thongs.This style is becoming very popular and even comes in casual and formal styles. Looks good with all indian wear and even with capris.
5. T- straps : the straps form a T as they have straps in the front which have a line going back to the back straps. They come in all heels and can be worn professionally as well specially with closed front straps.
6. Espadrille: these have a flexible sole made of rope or leather material. They have tieing straps even with scarf ties and come in flat or wedges. Casual wear with style and now in a variety of beaded and printed straps. Great for sundresses, shorts and capris.
7. Huraches : these are woven leather Mexican sandals. They have lots of straps and are comfortable and keep your feet in. Come mostly in wedges, flats and block heels. Great for flat foots as give support overall.
8. Strappy sandals : these have a lot of straps sometimes overlapping or criss- crossed. They come in all heel varieties sometimes in slide ons as well. They can be worn on all occassions. Look great with fitted and flared bottoms and dresses.
9. Gladiators : this Roman footwear has evolved into the latest fashion footwear. The styles have changed, straps are different and comes in a variety of heels. Straps now even go up to the knees some with tieing and some with zips. Look great with short clothes to show them off.
10. Floaters : the sporty sandals mostly sneaker soled. Have good support all around and come on thick flat heel. Great during the rains and summers and best friends for running around.
Thus, these are the different styles and can be worn with a wide variety of outfits. Sandals are also becoming very popular for formal occasions especially the ones in stiletto and block heels. The latest designs come with stones and also in lace and satin fabrics.
So sandals are now not only limited to casual wear. Go ahead and fill your closets with the wide variety of styles and enjoy them throughout the year.
Posted from WordPress for Android