Ever wondered why didn’t the glass slipper fit anyone else? Was it only a particular size or there could be another reason? Yes, size was a criteria but just not in terms of number but in terms of size of the foot. We have discussed shoes based on different heels in on your heels!! But lets take a look at different type of shoes sizes based on your feet. There are actually 6 types of feet width size other than the sizes available:
1. Regular sizes : this is the typical foot size which don’t have difficulty buying a shoe and even choosing a foot style.
2. Flat foot : the heel is flat so there is no arch. The arch has collapsed and is a painful foot disorder. One should shoe inserts called orthics which give the foot an arch so shoes can be worn comfortably. The preferred shoe still is wedges or even heeled shoes as the even surfaces help in uneven wearing. As there is no arch, so you need more support on the heel, preferrably shoes which have cushioned soles. Please refer to flat foot for more information.
3. Arched feet : the arch of your sole is higher so you need an orthotic to fit it your shoes better. This means there is a deeper slope between the heel and the sole, this needs to be modified artificially so it is comfortable in shoes. Cushioned soles give more support, completely flat shoes should be avoided. Read up more on arched.
4. Half sizes : this concept is popular in the US as there are feet which are half an inch bigger than the regular sizes. These are normally either a little longer than the average size. Often we feel that my foot is too big but realize that the bigger size is loose, thus, making shopping for shoes a hassle rather than fun.
5. Wide sizes : the foot half an inch wider and longer. The toe area is broader thus, make toes squished in regular sizes. Avoid pointy shoes if the toe area is not wide. Easier to wear thicker strap sandals.If the front of the shoe is rounded or squared it is a more comfortable fit.
6. Narrow sizes : the feet is very slim thus , leaving extra space in the front of the shoe. Pointy toes work best as they are slimmer in the front. If you don’t have narrow size options then, wearing socks might give you a better fit.
Thus, as Cinderella’s glass slippers only fit her, we all have shoes which only fit us. Whichever above style of foot size you have just ensure sometimes maybe with a little help but you will find your perfect shoe. Whether by inserting insoles for comfort, orthotics for arch or flatness, socks for a snugger fit these all are just ways to get comfortable shoe use and enjoy the shoes to the fullest. Insoles with gel pads give more grip. Orthotics add more arch or lower the arch depending on the style chosen.
Shoes can be customized in terms of heels and fit, but the never ending options tempt us for a quick fix and the ability to wear all types comfortably. Sandals and wedges work on all types, closed shoes can be a bit tricky but sneakers are a win win for everyone. So enjoy shoes irrespective of your foot size.
Posted from WordPress for Android