Here is another blog on beauty Saturdays. Continuing with make up tips and steps today we focus on eyes.
So as we saw, first was the base, second the blush and third the eyes. This is what actually sets the tone of your look. They can be dramatic, smoky, flirty, demure or just basic or no focus at all. The potential of different eye styles is innumerable. Before we look at styles it is more important to have well defined eyebrows. As unkempt eyebrows can pull your look down. Lets look at some tips and options :
1. Eye lid Primer : the eyelid primer is similiar to a regular primer. It diminishes any uneveness. Apply it and leave it on for 5 minutes for an even base for putting the eyeshadow.
2. Eye shadow : here again there are different options of gel, powder and cream. There are many options while applying eye shadow, whether you want it to be basic, dramatic, eye lifters or
smoky eyes. Let me give you a little lesson :
1. Basic : is when you first apply a light shade till the crease, then apply a darker shade till your brow and then apply the darkest shade on the lid and blend.
2. Dramatic : sweep the shadow on the lid and some below the eye is as well use three shades from light to the darkest and blend. Making the shadow on the lid the darkest for your eyes to pop.
3. Eye lift : it works in a slightly opposite manner. The shadow is also feathered on the lid and above.
4. Smokey eyes : here the shadows are darker and more smudged. The eye make up is darker.
You can also sweep some shimmer for a more party look. There are more styles, these are just some to play up your eyes.
3. Eye liners : they come in forms of gel, pencil, felt tip and liquid. The thickness and length changes with the shadow style you want to use. Eye liners are also just used without a shadow for fuss free make up on a daily basis. There are various styles with flicks highlighting the eyes.
4. Kohl or kajal : these come in styles of pencils, lipsticks, felt tip and surma. It defines your eyes and adds depth.
5. Mascara : the final step. I used to think mascaras were unimportant and just an add on. But actually they are the most important tool as they highlight your lashes. The give you the big doe eyed look.
6. Eyebrow pencil : they are used to fill and give shape to eyebrows.
Tools for eye make up :
1. Brushes : there is an array of brushes which are use for blending and flickering the eye shadows.
2. Eyelash curler : this presses on the eyelashes to pop them.
3. Falsies : false eyelashes are stuck on with glue to pump the volume and fullness. They are mostly used for weddings and parties for a dramatic effect.
4. Eyebrow comb : its a comb and brush to straighten out eyeslashes ans eyebrows.
Since we have covered all aspects of eyeshadows how can we forget the most important parts. Which eyeshadow colours to use to pop your eyes even more. Here are some:
1. Brown eyes : use shades in green, pinks and blues. Gold shades make your eyes pop as it reflects the gold flecks.
2. Black eyes : use purples, greens, pinks and greys. Most colours look good and metallics bring out your eyes.
3. Green eyes : use purple, orange and brown tones to enhance your eyes.
4. Blue eyes : use shades of purple, slate grey and taupes.
5. Hazel eyes : use browns and pinks to contrast.
6. Grey eyes : use blues and orange to pop your colour.
Colours for your skin :
1. Fair : if you are fair complexioned you should opt for lighter shades as dark shades will make your eyes look made up. Use blue or green eyeliners.
2. Wheatish : use darker or light shades they both work. Matte during the day and shimmmer for nights. Use mauve or brown eyeliners.
3. Dusky : use darker shades and metallic colours to enhance your colours. Opt for black eyeliners for more definition.
Not only does eye colour, but even eye sizes make an important decision while choosing eye make ups. Remember one thing eye shadow should not match your eyes but compliment it. Matching shadows look loud and gaudy, eyes should be played up maybe use a hint of those colours in the form of liners, kohl or even one of shades used for blending. Eye make up is best when it compliments your eyes and enhances their effect. If you do bold eyes then do subtle lips otherwise there is just too much colour. Here is some more gyan on Indian eyes.
Posted from WordPress for Android