Last week we saw the benefits and importance of good undergarments in intimately yours. But now lets dwelve a little further into the topic, as other than bra and panties there some more essentials that should be a part of every woman’s wardrobe.
Shapewear and corsets are the quickest way to proportion your body and get the fit you want. Slips and tanks allow leeway to wear transparent fabrics without being revealing. So lets take a closer look at the options available:
1. Shaping briefs : high waisted underwear which have tummy control. They shape your entire middle section. Work with all outfits and give you more proportion.
2. Thigh slimmers : these are high waisted longer boyshorts till mid thigh which shape the thighs. Great for wearing fitted or flared bottoms to slim your shape.
3. Waist cinchers : this is a mini corset but only for your middle area, it cinches your waist and is front open with hooks. Great option for figure hugging tops and dresses but ensure the fabric of your outfits is thicker so it is not seen.
4. Corsets : these are long lined bras (strapless or with straps) which shape your torso. They are mostly back open and have a low back, so the hooks start only from your mid section. Good option for dresses and even anarkalis.
5. Full body suits : they come in 2 styles .i.e. with thigh slimmers or in briefs styles. They come with an inbuilt bra, so they give you more proportion from the bust section till your thigh or hip section. They come in strapless options as well.
6. WYOB ( wear your own bra) : similiar to the body suit, this gives you the option of wearing your own bra with the shapewear. It has straps and has a full back.
7. Full pant shapewear : these are high waisted tights , so they cinch your waist and also slim your thighs and leg. Best suited for long dresses.
8. Belly bandits : similiar to body suits but only till above your hips like a corset. They are a strappy version of the corset.
9. Control top hosiery : these are stalkings with an inbuilt panty and a control top which acts as a tummy tuck.
10.Slips : they are synthetic chemise which come in options of half , full or skirt options. These are worn under thin fabric dresses to make them more opaque.
11. Tanks : these are cotton or hosiery material spaghettis or sleeveless tops. They are very thin and are worn with shirts or blouses as an undershirt.
12. Booty panties : these are padded underwears which give more curves to athletic builds. They give one a fuller figure. They look good under denims .
13. Petals and stick – ons : these are worn under plunging necklines or string or no back outfits. They smoothen and hide your breasts to be visible or outlined under sheer or light fabrics. Great option for backless cholis if you already don’t have built in cups.
Thus, these are the different types of shapewear. The trick is that more the seams , snugger the fit. Ensure that the shapewear is comfortable, as if it slides down its a bigger size. It is used to give more structure and proportion and make your outfits fit better.
The growing trend has introduced us to many well known brands like spahnx and miracle suit. These are figure enhancers and act as an extra lining underneath clothes. But shapewear should never show or outline through your clothes, it is worn like a part of your body. Breast stick ons add to your body and give you the freedom to wear revealing outfits without worrying about too much of skin show then required. So, try some and show off your curves.
Posted from WordPress for Android