Not many women are comfortable in dresses but the trend is changing. Dresses have become a viable option to pants and skirts. They look fun in the day time and can be glamed up for the night. Structured dresses or dresses with jackets are also in vogue for professional wear especially during spring and summer seasons.
There are different styles and here are some tips to keep in mind while choosing dresses
1. Sheath dresses : they are straight dresses more structured. They are more figure hugging but tummy control options can make one look shapely. Work on most body types avoid figure hugging options. The peplum style gives more proportion.
2. Baby doll dresses: these are fitted to the waist and then flare out. Preferred style for summer or casual dresses but now is in vogue for party wear as well. They look great on petite and athletic build as they give you more shape. They are mostly mid thigh to an inch above the knee.
3. Wrap dresses: they wrap around the body can be A lined or flared. They give you a good hour glass shape and are great options for hiding forgiving areas.
4. Shirt dresses : they are all buttoned down dresses which are fitted on top and flared below like an A. It hugs your curves and is even a great option for work wear. The looser options are great casual wear.
5. Maxi dresses : great summer fashion but now being worn most time of the year. They are A lined and are below the ankle. Made out of hosiery material can be very clingy but have options of divided ones. Petite women should opt for above the ankle options
. Wear it with a jacket to make it look trendy.
6. A line dresses : they are fitted like the letter A, .i.e. narrow or fitted on top and flared waist or hip below. They look tailored and give one a more polished look. They are formal wear and look great on all body types.
7.Slip dresses : they are easy to slip over as the name suggests. Mostly strappy and straight ,but there are loose fitting ones as well. They are actually based on lingerie slip designs, so carry them with confidence.
8. Mini dresses : as the name suggests they are super short ranging from just below the hips to mid thigh. Can be of any style and really accentuate the length and shape of your legs.
9. Evening gowns : mostly ankle length or longer. They are strictly formal wear and can be found in different styles of ball gown, mermaid, drop waist or even sheath. They can make you feel glamorous and look good on most women. Petite framed should go for more structured look or they could get lost in all the fabric. A line styles give a proportionate look.
10. The little black dress : the dress that all women should own. Whichever style but black makes everyone looks more shapely. Its a great fall back dress for date night or A formal event . Works everytime but just ensure its the right shape for you. Best options are above or till the knee and mostly A lined or sheaths.
Thus, the most important of all while choosing a dress is the fabric. As the fabric decides the fall and structure of the dress on your body. Add a blazer or suit jacket to a sheath and you will be the power women. Add a bit of heels and dangly earrings remove the jacket and add a belt your ready for a dinner or party. The variety of looks offered is endless.
While choosing a dress ensure what part of your figure you wanna highlight. They are great options for women with toned arms and legs. They make one look taller because of the amount of leg shown. You never have to worry about bad fit or folds as with pants or even which shirt or colour would go with a skirt. One of the easiest outfits to dress, just accessorize put on great shoes and your good to go. dress gysn.
Posted from WordPress for Android