Day before we spoke about sarees, but sarees are incomplete without blouses and petticoats. Your look depends 30% on the right blouse , 20% on the peticoat , 30% on the drape and 20% on the Saree.
Now, since we have calculations out of the way lets focus on how to get it right. Most women only focus on the neck n back of blouses and peticoat is generic.
Newsflash the way your Saree is draped depends on the right fit of the petticoat. The length and the fit on your hips and waist helps in giving the right fall of the Saree. If it is too long it will peekout and if too short there will be a gap between the edges and the Saree fall making your look sloppy. The waist has to be tight so that the pleats are held in place. The most popular style is the a- line but now even the mermaid cut has come in vogue. So, now next time you wear a Saree ensure that the petticoat has the right fit and snugness before you tie the Saree.
Another important part of the Saree is the fall. Fall is added on the edge of the Saree to give a nice overall fall of the Saree. It helps in giving it a heavy edge for it to stand and to keep the edges intact, as if there is no fall your Saree edges could get ruined due to droopiness and also by stamping. Especially for net and border sarees the fall just makes it look refined over all.
Now lets shift the focus to blouses. Due to the wide variety of options the blouse has become a focal point to which the Saree is draped or even made around nowadays. So here are a few pointers:
Sleeves : the sleeve length plays a very important role on the overall look of the Saree and is the best way to give the right structure to your figure. The sleeve not only showcases your shoulder but also enhances the shape of your arms.
1. Lengths : long, short, 3/4, churidar, cap , strap or strapless. The sleeve length actually should depend on your arms. If you want to add more shape 3/4, churidar ( full sleeves with gathers at the wrist) or blouse ( till elbows) are the best options. If you have untonned arms then 3/4, blouse or short sleeves are your best bet as they hide your flawest areas. If you arms are relatively toned then all lengths look good on you. Full sleeves add length where as sleeveless blouses showcase the length of your arms. Puff sleeves give more shape depending on the puffiness of the sleeve.
2. Fabric : net sleeves or tranparent flowy materials are in vogue for blouse sleeves. But always remember transparency showcases flaws even more. Silk or synthetic fabrics add structure and make it look slender and longer.
Necklines : the neck is always covered by the pallu but now necklines are also highlighted. Gone are the days of the simple round or u-cut as most blouses were front open.
1. High necks : high necks range to boat necks, t-shirt necks, halter necks or collars. Boat necks and halters are great for well defined shoulders. T-shirt necks are great for women with slender necks. Collars add a bit of elegance and work on all body types. There are slit boatnecks and half collars which makes shoulders look slender.
2. Wide necks : women look shaplier in wider necks as it enhances their neck and shoulders. Wide necks act like minimizers.
3. Deep necks : deep necks give an illusion of a fuller bust. And also add overall to petite and slender frames.
Backs : they say the central point or the look of the blouse only comes from the back. So backs have been experimented with forever. Here are a few tips :
1. Wide low backs : classic style statements have always been a low cut choli blouse. Low backs or now even sheer backs are good for a more shapely back.
2. High backs : collared blouses have high or full backs but now even they have options of lower or cut out backs. They are great options for women who are shy but high backs and high necks together can actually add more weight.
3. Low backs : they are not wide but just deep. Mostly v neck lines fall under this. They are good for for petite and slender frames.
4. Backless : very in vogue but not everyone’s cup of tea. They have strings or straps and if you have the confidence to carry it off they look awesome.
If you have back acne or scars then sheer backs are your best options cause they can be very sexy but add a little bit of glamour for the cover up and now have become the latest trend.
Corsets blouses : the latest trend but contrary to it making everyone look shapelier it doesn’t. It gives an hourglass silhouette and works well on petite women. Half corsets might work but not necessary as it is tight on one part and pushes your weight onto the other areas. I personally like half choli cut blouses as they accentuate your curves and give a nice shape and structure.
Thus, just wearing the right Saree is not enough to have the complete package it is very important to pay attention to all the other details. Hope now I have your mind open to experimentation with blouses and made them more enjoyable .
Posted from WordPress for Android